Important tips for reviewing medical schools and other institutions
Are you looking into medical schools for yourself or a family member? Here are some important things to consider when checking out your top choices:
- Visit their website and watch for the following keywords:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Social justice
- Health equity
- Systemic/structural/institutional racism
- Implicit/unconscious bias
- Under-Represented in Medicine (URiM)
- Holistic review
- Review their DICE score: The Diversity, Inclusion, Culture, and Equity (DICE) Inventory grades medical schools’ efforts to embed DEI-related initiatives in many areas of university operations. Higher scores indicate a stronger dedication to woke practices.
- Visit Critical Race Training in Medical Education to see a summary of DEI-related actions, employee requirements, support for anti-racism, and more.
- Check a medical school’s “secondary interview questions” for topics regarding DEI, anti-racism, and social justice issues. Here is a helpful database from ProspectiveDoctor.com.
- Search for the school’s “white coat ceremony” oath to see what they ask students to pledge.
- Review a school’s financial aid page to see if they push scholarships that discriminate on the basis of race.
- Review the U.S. News and World Report’s 2023 Best Medical Schools for MCAT information and diversity initiatives.
Become a Member
Help us protect patients, physicians, and healthcare itself from radical, divisive ideology.
Share Your Concern
Have you seen divisive ideology or discrimination at your healthcare employer, medical school, or medical provider? Let us know – anonymously.
Get up to speed with the threats facing healthcare – and how we’re protecting patients and physicians.
"*" indicates required fields